Tour Description :
| Departs 7.30am approx
|Terminates 8.15 pm approx
Enjoy two of New Zealand's most famous destinations in one day travelling aboard a premium air conditioned tour coach. Visit the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves before travelling to Rotorua , known internationally for it's spectacular geothermal activity including geysers, boiling mud pools and springs and also for its crust as it’s got the thinnest crust in New Zealand. An opportunity to know the Maori Culture & Natural history of New Zealand. Experiences also include Maori arts & crafts, a Maori cultural performance and a farm tour. Spend the evening at The Heritage Hotel. Dinner is included in this.
Travel the next day by mini coach to Lake Taupo our largest inland lake. See the Lady Knox Geyser, Huka Falls, views of the lake with the spectacular central plateau volcanoes of Ngaruahoe, Ruapehu and Tongariro (on clear days)other sights include the Wairakei Geothermal Power Station and the world’s largest Radiata Pine Forest. On your return to Rotorua transfer to our service returning to Auckland.
Coach service on day 1 includes morning tea, a light lunch and an evening snack on return sector day 2) served by our onboard Tour Director. DVD and restroom available on board.
Places of Interest:
Day One - Auckland / Waitomo / Rotorua
- WAITOMO GLOW-WORM CAVES
- LIGHT LUNCH
- AGRODOME FARM TOUR
- ROTORUA LAKE FRONT
- TE PUIA CULTURAL PERFORMANCE
- TE PUIA INSTITUTE (MAORI ARTS & CRAFTS AND WHAKAREWAREWA THERMAL RESERVE)
- BUFFET DINNER / HANGI AND CONCERT
Day Two - Lake Taupo / Auckland
- JOIN THE COACH FOR LAKE TAUPO
- WAI-O-TAPU THERMAL WONDERLAND
- OTHER HIGHTLIGHTS TO INCLUDE Huka Falls, Huka Jet(own expense), Lake Taupo, Aratiatia Dam, Wairakei Geothermal Power Station, World’s Largest Man-made Radiata Pine Forests.
- DEPART FOR AUCKLAND
Tour Operates Daily:
- From CBD or your Inner City Hotel/Motel.
- Tour Departs 7:30 am Terminates 8:15 pm (approximate)
- Fare includes: Hotel/Motel pickups, multi-lingual service, Waitomo caves admission, Rotorua highlights tour, Buffet Dinner or hangi and concert Day 1, twin share accommodation.
- Day Two - Taupo day tour and return to Auckland.
- An alternative hotel will be booked if the Heritage Hotel is unavailable.
TWO DAY WAITOMO / ROTORUA TOUR OPTIONS
- Tour TTAWR 08 – Price NZ$ 664.00 Per Person.
Tour TTAWRT 08TD - Price NZ$ 1038.00 Per Person. Upgraded Twin/Single Accommodation at the Millennium Rotorua or similar.
Standrad Accommodation Price:
Single Room - NZ$ 1112.00 per person
Share Twin – NZ$ 984.00 per person
Share Triple – NZ$ 964.00 per person