Tour Description :
Spend a night in Paihia and enjoy the friendly atmosphere of this popular holiday resort
Places of Interest:
Day One - Auckland / Russell / Paihia
Head over the HARBOUR BRIDGE via Auckland's northern suburbs. Then your journey takes you along the HIBISCUS COAST which is a popular holiday and retirement resort with beautiful beaches. Later you pass through WHANGAREI - northland's only city and largest port (note - coach does not stop here). Then you will visit the WAITANGI TREATY HOUSE - Site of the historic treaty between the Maori and European pioneers.
View a magnificent Maori meeting house and large war canoe.Travel across the bay by a RUSSELL RETURN FERRY to witness the beginning of European colonization in New Zealand. Join the RUSSELL MINI TOURS for sightseeing around thisfascinating township with its early whaling and political history.
Enjoy lunch (optional atextra cost) and shopping along the waterfront before joining the ferry back to Paihia. In PAIHIA you get time to explore the busier side of the bay with its shops and arcades. You may even see a big game fish being weighed in at the wharf. Later in the evening you can relax in your reserved accommodation.
STANDARD ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED FOR ONE NIGHT:
There is an in-house restaurant or you can try one of many restaurants in the village (meals at your own cost).
Day Two - Cape Brett / Auckland
Join the cruise in the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands to approach the CAPE BRETT and pass through the famous Hole In the Rock, the highlight of your tour (subject to sea conditions).
Later you have time to explore the delightful URUPUKAPUKA ISLAND. Spend the afternoon on the beach at Paihia, go shopping, sightseeing OR laze around the poolside OR garden of your hotel.
Join your return coach journey to Auckland from Paihia. Arrive Auckland around 20:00hrs.Pick up from the Maritime Building at 16:20hrs.
Tour Operates Daily:
- From CBD or your Hotel/Motel.
- Departs 7:45 am day one. Terminates approximately 8:00 pm day two.
- Departs day 1 & Terminates day 2: Sky City Bus Terminus, 102 Hobson Street, Auckland.
- Fare includes: Hotel/Motel pickups, Admissions to Waitangi Treaty House and return ferry, Russell tour, Accommodation, Cape Brett cruise and tax.
- Depending on the availability on a particular day we may interchange the tours.
Standard Accommodation Price as follows:
- Single Room - NZ$ 750.00 per person.
- Share Twin - NZ$ 630.00 per person.
- Share Triple - NZ$ 616.00 per person.