This eight day tour to Christchurch encompasses the beautiful West Coast alpine and fiord attractions that make New Zealand one of the most naturally beautiful country’s in the world.
Day 1 - WELLINGTON - PICTON - NELSON
Take the Interislander for your 8.45am ferry crossing of
- Cook Strait
Travel to Picton via the beautiful
- Marlborough Sounds
Board the InterCity coach bound for
Enjoy the beautiful Marlborough vine yards and the Nelson state forests in this journey.
Day 2 - ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
A full tour to the
- Abel Tasman National Park
starts with a morning pick up from your hotel. Drive through horticultural areas to Motueka and on to beautiful
- Kaiteriteri Beach
(Stop for Lunch) Walk trough the National Park during the day before returning to Nelson at 5.00pm approx.
Day 3 - NELSON - PUNAKAIKIGREYMOUTH
Take the InterCity Coachlines to the south via Paparoa National Park to
View the wonderful
before continuing your journey to
the largest town on the West Coast. Arrive Greymouth by 1.30pm.
Day 4 - GREYMOUTH - FRANZ JOSEF
This morning take a ride to
Two hours to explore this wonderfully restored gold mining town. By the Afternoon join InterCity Coachlines for your journey south to Franz Josef Glacier in the Westland National Park. Make this day one to remember by the Stunning rainforest, pristine lakes, fast flowing rivers and the ever present Southern Alps. On arrival at Franz Josef take the
- Kamahi Tours
shuttle bus to the Franz Josef Glacier car park - there is a one hour return walk to the terminal ice face or visitors can view the glacier after a short 10 minute walk (shuttle operates October to April only).
Day 5 -FRANZ JOSEF - WANAKA
Dense rainforests and the abode of the rare and graceful Kotuku (White Heron) contrast with rugged coastal vistas as we travel with InterCity Coachlines deeper into
- South Westland The Haast River guides us inland over the
- Gates of Haast arriving in the holiday resort of
- Reach Wanaka by 2.40pm.
Day 6 -WANAKA - QUEENSTOWN
This morning travel with
Wanaka Connexions to Queenstown via Crown Range, a recently sealed roadway linking
Wanaka with Queenstown Enjoy the rest of the day by indulging yourself in many activities available in Queenstown.
Day 7 -QUEENSTOWN - MILFORD SOUND - QUEENSTOWN
- Newmans Coachlines to the Fiordland
- National Park a world heritage park. A vast remote wilderness of snow-capped mountains, glacial lakes and valleys, fiords, waterfalls and dense rainforests. From Te Anau, travel to the forested Eglinton Valley, Mirror Lakes, Homer Tunnel and the Chasm before arriving at
- Milford Sound Enjoy a one and a half hour cruise of Milford Sound viewing the spectacular waterfalls and famous Mitre Peak. Return to Queenstown with Newmans Coachlines arriving at approx. 7.45pm
Day 8 -QUEENSTOWN - MOUNT COOK - CHRISTCHURCH
Travel with Newmans Coach Lines through the rocky Kawarau Gorge to Cromwell and then over the Lindis Pass to the
- Mount Cook
- National Park Stop for lunch (own expense), before continuing to Lake Tekepo. After a brief stop at the
- Church of the Good Shephard our journey continues across the Canterbury Plains arriving in the garden city of Christchurch by 6.30pm
Tour Operates Daily
- From Interisland Ferry Terminal or your Wellington Hotel/Motel.
- Departs: Wellington @9.00am; Terminates: Christchurch @6.45pm (approx.).
- Pick up and drop off times are to be confirmed in your itinerary.
- Fare includes: Hotel/Motel pick-ups, accommodation seven nights, admissions where applicable, Interisland ferry, coach and tax.
This tour can operate in reverse finishing in Wellington on day 8.
Exclusive Accommodation Price:
Single Room - NZ$ 4012.00 per person
Share Twin - NZ$ 2728.00 per person
Share Triple - NZ$ 2450.00 per person