Tour Description :
|| 7.30am to 7.35pm
Travel south from Christchurch via Lake Tekapo Lindis Pass and the McKenzie Country; you can also view the solitary Church of the Good Shepherd. Morning tea stop at the Farm Barn Cafe (own cost) with spectacular views of the Southern Alps. On arrival at Mt Cook which is located at the foot of New Zealand's highest peak Aorangi (Mount Cook).
You can choose either to have lunch at a village cafe (own arrangements), or explore the walks in and around the village (1 hour approximate), Flight seeing is highly recommended (additional cost) enabling you experience some of the most dramatic alpine and glacier scenery in the world.
Places of Interest:
- Arrive into the Alpine Township of LAKE TEKAPO, 719 metres (2359ft) above sea level. Visit the Church of the Good Shepherd which lays on the shores of Lake Tekapo.
- There is an opportunity to take an OPTIONAL SCENIC FLIGHT around the spectacular Alpine Region (additional cost).
- Enjoy on a fine day this magnificent view of Aoraki - Mt Cook & LAKE PUKAKI
- On arrival at MOUNT COOK your choice to have lunch at the Hermitage Hotel or the village cafe (additional cost).
- Time to explore the walks in and around the village (1 1/2 hours approximate).
- ARRIVE CHRISTCHURCH early evening. You will be transferred to your accommodation.
Tour Operates Daily
- From 94 Worcester St.
- Departs 7.30 am Terminates 7.35pm (approximately)
- Fare includes: Selected Hotel/Motel pickups pick ups, coach, Multilingual commentary in Spanish, Japanese & Mandarin (01 Jan 2010 onwards) and tax.